Copywriting for Reassurance: Relationship Building to Make The Sale
If you have a quick scan over some of the most successful landing pages or eCommerce stores, you’ll notice something in common. Evoking a sense of reassurance helps businesses making their customers feel more confident in their purchases. Making it that little bit easier for a website visitor to open their wallet can go a long way, and tapping into the emotional side of your customers is a tactic that should not be overlooked.
In episode 21 of The Mamapreneur Show, Rosemary Richings joins the podcast to discuss how copywriting, the text that goes on your website, can help guide a visitor to become a purchaser.
What You’ll Learn
- Why understanding your ideal customer will make your life easier when copywriting
- Working with clients as if you are courting them. Wow them with a few first dates before you seal the deal.
- Seems common sense, but not enough people clearly explain what they do/offer on their homepage.
- Reduce the clutter on your homepage to invoke clarity
- How being present on various social networks helps build a relationship
- Getting your initial influx of review – to give away products for free, good idea?
- Capitalizing on your customer’s pre-sale questions and the glory of the FAQ page
About Special Guest Rosemary Richings
Rosemary Richings is a website & blog content writer, copywriter, editor, and content strategist for E-Commerce and retail businesses with a community improvement-focused mission statement. Rosemary started her business in the summer of 2014, and ever since she has worked with clients such as Yellowpages and E-Bay and been featured on sites such as Buffer and Search Engine Journal.